Monday, October 4, 2010

Put Your Art in a Family or Friend's Office

I read in a blog somewhere that you should have your art displaying in an office.  I wish I could reference the blog, but I've read so many that of course I can't find it.  If you wrote a blog that had a tip regarding hanging your art in an office, I thank you.  I'm lucky enough to have a husband who manages an office.  When he opened the office, he didn't have much of a budget to furnish the lobby.  I was able to save him some money in the art category at least.  I made him some big colorful paintings to hang on the walls.  I figured maybe one of his employees might like something and buy a painting.  So far, I have received a lot of compliments from the employees, but no sales.

One day my husband had a meeting with someone in marketing.  Apparently she commented on the art in the office.  The next day someone working in my husband's building came in and said he heard about the art and wanted to take a look at it.  I guess he had a meeting with the same marketing person.  His company had just moved into the building.  Luckily for me, he really liked my art.  I showed him some samples of my work.  After a couple meetings, he commissioned me for a bigger version of what of my existing paintings and purchased another from my inventory.  I delivered the painting today and thank goodness he and his business partner liked it.  I couldn't ask for a better location for it.  It's the first thing you see when you walk into their lobby.  Its big (72" X 46") and bold.



That sale would have never happened if I hadn't put my art in my husband's office.  I'm trying to think of some other family members I can offer paintings to.  Thanks again to whomever gave me the advice to hang my art in someone's office.

1 comment: