Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let Me Re-Introduce Women In Yellow

This is my first painting in my Women Series.  I first thought of this series when a friend recommended I paint something for the restaurant, Quiet Woman.  Quiet Woman is located on Pacific Coast Highway in Corona del Mar, CA and has been there for more than 25 years.  The Quiet Woman hangs original artwork throughout their walls, but the paintings are all of women.

Women in Yellow
2010
40"h x 30"w x 2"d
Private Collection
I'm happy to say Women in Yellow never made it to Quiet Woman, because it sold to a private collector the minute I released it.  It prompted another painting called Dancer in Blue.  I have found that the majority of people who comment about my paintings, end up commenting about the Women Series.  I thought  I would take this opportunity to share what Women in Yellow means to me.  I would love for you to leave a comment about what it means to you.

The color of yellow represents light.  The light can be as big as the sun or as small as a fire fly.  In this case, the yellow represents the light in Women.  The light we bring to the world.  The light we share as daughters, as wives, and as mothers.  Yellow is also a power color.  Women in Yellow represents the powerful Women out there.  Thirty years ago, you may not have had a Woman running a Fortune 100 company.  Now, Women are creating Fortune 100 companies.  Women in Yellow represents those women who broke through any barriers they encountered.  Women are now running for President or Vice-President of the United States.  It's incredible how far we have come in the business world.

Maybe, like me, you're a Mom.  And what more powerful of a business can that be?  This could be where our light shines the brightest.  We are the gate for the next generation.  We share our fears, joys, and moments together about our children.  Maybe on the playground after dropping our kids off at school or during the many play dates we organize.

For many of you, its balancing both.  A highly demanding career and the demands of raising a family.  You represent both Women in the painting.  I'm proud of all the Women for everything we do!

I can't wait to paint more from this series.  Any ideas, any thoughts?  It would be great to hear from you what should the third painting of this series be?  I am very interested to hear what the Women in this painting means to you.  Please share.

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Amy!! To me this painting = sisters... ( : I love my sisters, and my best friends who are like sisters to me. Thank you for sharing. Your talent is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tamar! Yes, definitely sisters! LOVE that thought.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, come check out my blog? :)

    ReplyDelete