Thursday, September 30, 2010

OK, now I'm Adding Twitter to the Mix

Facebook Fan Page.  Check.  LinkedIn Profile.  Check.  Personal Website.  Check.  Facebook Ads.  Check.  Fine Art America Site.  Check.  Etsy Shop Site.  Check.  Blog.  Check.  I've done everything I need to announce to the world, I AM an ARTIST.  Right?  Wrong.  Now I've had to figure out this Twitter phenomenon.  I read statistics that state 37% of your Twitter followers are likely to become a customer compared to 17% of your Facebook Fans.  Facebook tends to lead you to people you already know, where as Twitter leads you to people you don't know.

Fair enough.  I started a Twitter profile under @amypryorfineart.  I already have 63 people following me and I'm following 112 people.  Everyday, people come out of nowhere to follow me.  Obviously it's not hundreds of people, but a few people.  The more people I follow, the more people who follow me.  Let me tell you, it takes work to keep up with the comments of 112 people.  Some post continually.  I'm not sure how they do it.  I get to tag my favorite posts when I have time and read the linked article later when I have more time.  I can Retweet someone's post or copy it in my own post and add my own two cents.

Its like I'm a part of this whole new world of people.  I follow so in so, who follows so in so, who follows so in so, who follows so in so.  Dizzy yet?  I am.  It makes me wonder if we're all just posting to the same people over and over again.  Later in the day, you see a post from someone thanking you for retweeting something of theirs. It's a continual fascinating loop.

But then something cool happens.  It's this thing called "Follow Friday."  Everyone lists the people they recommend to follow.  It's really exciting when you see your name show up.  I just started, so my name didn't show up much last Friday, but it makes me look forward to this Friday.  I get to do the same thing.  I recommend my favorites.  My favorite this week is definitely @redheadwriting.  She writes exactly what she thinks and it is very refreshing.  Check her out, especially her Bitch Slap articles.

I see people who follow 20,000 people and are followed by 20,000 people.  I have no idea how they keep up.  Their Twitter page must be like scrolling news on steroids.  But when they post something, 20,000 people have a chance of seeing it.  Pretty awesome.

You'll see all the different "Buttons" on the right of my Blog.  Ways to share in my computer world, but more importantly, see my art creations.

Am I missing anything?  Do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment