Thursday, September 16, 2010

An Amazing Artist Story (Not Mine)

Through Social Networking I came across this fantastic artist. How did I come across her? Someone I follow through Twitter retweeted something she tweeted. I liked what she said so I needed to see if there were anymore good tips. I'm always trying to get good marketing ideas for my art business. I ended up visiting her Facebook page and business website. The first thing is, the artist is absolutely beautiful. But not knowing her and reading her story, my guess is she is more beautiful on the inside. Her body of work is amazing, fresh, uplifting, sexy, bold, colorful etc. etc. Reading through her accolades, its easy to see she is a very successful artist and has been doing the business for five years. Very impressive.

Her backstory is even more impressive. She was an Olympian hopeful in gymnastics. At 8 years old and 35 pounds, she was going for Gold and when she stuck a landing she broke her nose when her face hit her knee. With blood covering her face, she finished her routine to a roaring crowd. I think she learned something that night at 8 years old. She was able to handle adversity. She was able to take something unexpected, deal with it, and finish the job. She didn't win the Gold, but because she finished, she won the Bronze.

She kept training throughout the years in hopes of winning an Olympic Gold until her next test of true adversity came. She was hit by a hit and run driver and thrown 100 feet into oncoming traffic. The terrible accident actually severed her foot right off. Luckily there were people around and one unknown individual took his tie off and wrapped it around her leg. She hasn't met the person to thank him to date. Some other people got her foot on ice and she was rushed to the emergency. Her foot was saved, but her gymnastic career was over. Another difficult lesson in life, but she picked herself up again and is finishing the job. A new job, but a job none the less.

Now she faces another battle. For the last 7 years she has tried to have a baby. Hasn't this girl, now woman, been through enough? This battle versus the other two has been emotional. Her blogs say as much. My guess is this is her toughest battle. I'm sure it has been unbelievably difficult to share it with her fans, but I hope it has been therapeutic for her as well. My prayers are with her that her desire for a baby happens. My admiration is with her for her ability to accomplish everything she has accomplished. I am amazed at her ability to respond to all her Facebook posts. She must have hundreds a day. She is an inspiration and I hope hope hope, her dream of being on Oprah and meeting her human savior comes true.

The artist is Chandra Michaels and is the creator of the amazing Sugarluxe. Her website is www.sugarluxe.com and her Facebook page is www.facebook.com/sugarluxe.

Is there an artist or someone who has inspired you?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Amy! Great writing! Keep up the good work! Having a blog is critical to your website profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy. I should have written sooner. It's just when I am so overwhelmed with gratitude, it's hard for me to figure out the perfect words to say that can express my appreciation.

    I still don't have the perfect words, but I'm so thankful to have met you.

    I love your work, I'm amazed with your artistic talent and pedigree, I think your creations are beautiful and coordinate harmoniously with your beautiful personality.

    Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for your support and kindness...and thank you so very much for this KICK ASS blog post.

    You are pure AWESOMENESS!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome. I love your creations. I can't wait to see what else you do and watch your beautiful business continue to grow. A great example of how social media brings people together.

    xoxo

    Amy

    ReplyDelete